Public School Proud Grant Application Guidelines
The Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation champions teachers and students by encouraging, promoting, and funding creative and innovative teaching strategies in order to enhance and enrich education in all Sioux Falls Public Schools. We want educators to bring us their next big idea, whether it’s in the classroom, their grade level, their building, or the district. This is a competitive process. Grants are blindly screened by an independent review committee, and the highest scored applications receive funds.
- Public School Proud Grants are due one time a year for implementation the following academic year. For an application, please email Allison.Struck@k12.sd.us.
- Grants for the 2021-2022 school year are due Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 12 p.m.
- Grant applications may be for any amount up to $10,000. Educators requesting more than $3,000 may be asked to give a formal presentation to the committee that reviews the grants.
Preference Will be Given to Projects That:
- Support district goals and curriculum content standards
- Have unique or innovative components (pilot projects, experimental efforts, and creative programs)
- Include clearly stated purposes, student performance outcomes, methods, and evaluation processes
- Enrich the educational experience for a large number of students or provide a greater intensity for a smaller group of students
- Positively impact the equity issue among schools. The Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation Board of Directors endorses the Sioux Falls School District philosophy of equal access for students among and across the schools of the district.
- Have a long-lasting impact on participating students or can be replicated for students in other classrooms or in future years (for example, through lessons learned or continued use of materials)
- Require start-up support rather than ongoing funding. Educators may apply for additional funding in a future grant cycle but should not rely on or assume subsequent funding.
- Educators can submit one proposal per year.
- Administrator approval is required for all Public School Proud Grant applications prior to submission.
- If you are requesting technology, please contact the Sioux Falls School District’s technology team to ensure they can support the materials. For example, the district does not use Kindles, so the Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation would not fund a grant to purchase Kindles, but an applicant could submit with a request for iPads.
- Items the Sioux Falls Public Schools Education Foundation cannot fund:
- Classroom pets/support animals
- Food/prizes that will be used as an incentive for good behavior
- Travel to work-related conferences (The Sioux Falls School District already has a committee to review these requests.)
- During the 2021-2022 school year, the Grants Committee will not consider proposals for flexible seating.